The 9th International Conference on Science and Practice was jointly held by Harbin Engineering University and the Confucius Institute of South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D.Ushynsky. The international conference was initiated in 2005 by the Department of Translation Theory and Applied Linguistics of South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D.Ushynsky. This conference intends to conduct an in-depth discussion on the practical problems of linguistics in the global multicultural context, and to scientifically exchange professional training programs for language professionals in the multicultural context. The conference will be held in Harbin Engineering University/South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D.Ushynsky on April 3-4, 2023.
Instructor: Ministry of Science and Education of Ukraine/Confucius Institute Alliance of Heilongjiang Province
Hoster: South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D.Ushynsky/Harbin Engineering University
Organizer: Department of Translation Theory and Applied Linguistics, South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D.Ushynsky/Confucius Institute/School of Foreign Languages, Harbin Engineering University
April 3-4, 2023
Confucius Institute, Southern Normal University, 25 Judean Street, Odessa, Ukraine
145 Nantong Street, Nangang District, Harbin Engineering University, China
online and offline
Ⅴ. Theme and Main Topics
Practical problems in linguistics and vocational Training of professional talents under multicultural background
2. Main topics
The conference will discuss the following topics, including but not limited to:
(1) Urgent problems in the field of translation at home and abroad;
(2) The practical problems of general linguistics and comparative linguistics
(3) the linguistic landscape of the East and West;
(4) Cross-cultural communication in the contemporary geopolitical space;
(5) Innovative technologies in the field of Chinese-Tibetan interpretation;
(6) Innovative technologies in Indo-European interpretation;
(7) Innovation in the field of automated translation;
(8) Teaching phonological conversational problems in foreign languages and translation in higher education institutions;
(9) Problems faced by future professional personnel training under the contemporary multicultural background;
(10) Historical and philosophical determinants of the formation of linguistic personality in a multilevel educational system: experience, reality, and perspective;
(11) Research and construction of corpus;
(12) Innovation and application of language service technology;
(13) Innovative development of language service social organizations;
(14) Translation and communication of Chinese culture to foreign countries;
Ukrainian, Russian, English, Chinese, German, Turkish.
Ⅶ. Submission Matters
Chinese and English submissions and abstracts are welcome.
(1) The length of full paper submission should be 6-12 A4 pages, and the length of abstract submission should not exceed 3 A4 pages. Please use MS Word. Font Times New Roman, size 14, spacing 1.5, margin (top, bottom, left, right) 20 mm, the interval between segments is 10 mm. There should be no hyphens and page numbers are not required. (Abstract is subject to the number of words, less than 300 words)
(2) Abstract submission should include the following points:
· Introduction (research background, research purpose, innovation and reality of the research)
· Methods (Describe the main research methods)
· Discussion and conclusion (identify the main achievements of the research and the views of other scholars working on the same topic) (Foundation support item please comment)
2. Submission method
Please send the following two materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) Participation Application Form (please see Attachment 1 for the form);
(2) Paper abstract (or full text), please prepare according to the example (see Attachment 2, full text format of paper see Attachment 3).
It can be submitted from now on. Upon receipt, we will arrange review and send the notice of whether to attend the conference in time. The deadline is March 3, 2023. Materials sent after the deadline that do not comply with the above requirements or are not related to the topic of the conference will not be accepted.
Ⅷ. Support publications and publishing
At this conference, a selection of papers will be included from the selected papers in Modern vectors of science and education development in China and Ukraine (ISSN 2414-4746)
Further information about the journal and submission requirements can be found at the following link:
Ⅸ. Contact Person
Director of Foreign Affairs Department of South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D.Ushynsky, Vice President of Confucius Institute of Ukraine
Morgon Aleksandra Aleksandrovna
Tel: +38 (097) 888 32 86; +38 (093) 485 42 83.
1. ZONG Chengju, Chinese Management Office, Confucius Institute, Harbin Engineering University
Tel: (0451) 82568218 18945713205
2. Liang Hong, School of Foreign Studies, Harbin Engineering University